As the number of Coronavirus cases increase across our state and county, the temple is reducing its opening hours to close by 7:00 pm each evening, and will remain open for visitors only during arati times. We’ve reduced the number of marked yellow X spots in the temple room to 35 to provide more physical […]
Mukundanghri Das is an environmental engineer and urban sustainability consultant. He serves as a Trustee and Chief Operational Officer in the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust Africa. He is an alumnus of Wits University Bhakti Yoga Society (BYS). His greatest joy is sharing his love for Bhagavatam with others through storytelling, theatre, and the fine arts. He […]
“When the lockdown started, nobody thought we could distribute books, and everybody was worried about what would happen,” says Shyama Mohini Dasi, co-sankirtan leader at ISKCON Toronto, Canada. “But Vaisesika Prabhu encouraged us to think differently, and innovate.” Every year since 2007, devotees at Toronto, ISKCON Silicon Valley, and other temples – inspired by Global […]
June 30, 9:00 AM EST: Harvard, Business and the Pandemic with Padma Locana Krishna das. A member of the executive team of the Corporate Learning Group at Harvard Business School Publishing will share potential lessons from the business world ISKCON can incorporate to move forward effectively. https://www.facebook.com/gbcspt July 1-12, ISKCON Toronto will host a 12-day virtual Ratha-yatra […]
As per July 1, 2020, this is our modified schedule during the pandemic. All visitors must wear face masks and observe physical distancing of a minimum of 6 feet between others. We have a maximum occupancy in the temple room of 35 persons, first come, first served. We are only open during actual arati times, please plan your visit accordingly.
- 4:30am – Mangala Arati
- 5:10am – Tulasi Puja, altar closed
- 5:20am – Japa outside, altar closed
- 7:20am – Sringara Arati and Guru Puja (sign up in advance for this arati, our busiest time of day)
- 8:00am – Srimad Bhagavatam Class
- 9:00am – Temple closed until noon
- 12:00pm – Raja Bhoga Arati
- 12:30pm – Temple closed until 4:15 pm
- 4:15pm – Dhupa Arati
- 4:30 pm – Temple closed until 6:30 pm
- 6:30pm – Sandhya Arati
- 7:00pm – Temple closed for the day
Sunday Program Schedule
All visitors are required to wear face masks and remain physically distanced at least 6 feet from others. If you, or anyone in your household, is not feeling well, or has traveled in the past 14 days outside the state or in any of these counties with a high rate of COVID-19 infection, please stay home and watch our program live on the ISKCON Alachua Temple YouTube channel.
- 4:00-6:30 pm Gift Shop open
- 4:15 pm – 6:30 pm Arati and kirtan with a continuous flow of visitors filing through the temple room for darshan of Their Lordships. You can stay for a few minutes and participate in the kirtan by standing physically distanced on the yellow X marks on the temple room floor. You can pick up a boxed prasad plate to-go at the exit gate in your car on the way out.
- 7:00 pm Temple closed
SB Class Schedule