Regular Temple Features
NRR Website Links
Other Website Links
Donate to Alachua Temple While You Shop
Shopping on Amazon.com? If you type in www.smile.amazon.com and select ISKCON Alachua when prompted, then make your purchase. Amazon will donate a portion of the sale to ISKCON Alachua!
Nice way to help others donate to Krishna!!
Alachua Temple on Facebook
Govinda's Gifts Shop Now in:
Come on in and check it out. Open Sunday from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM. If you would like to get into our store during off hours, please call the Temple office. 386-462-2017. As always, thank you for supporting the Deity seva in New Raman Reti by shopping at Govinda's Gifts.
- NEW shipments are arriving from India every week now, so check in on us. We have already stocked all new ladies anarkalis and men's kurtas.
- We now have Ekadasi hing
- Little children's boys and girls elastic waist pants
- Baby size dhoti/kurta sets and gopi skirt sets
- New anarkalis for women and girls stocked weekly
- BEAUTIFUL AFFORDABLE MURTIS
- GOVINDA'S GARDENS LINE OF HEALING HERBAL OILS
- CHILDREN'S CLOTHING
- SILVER AND TULASI MALA
BEDSPREADS, MAHAMANTRA SCARVES...AND MUCH MORE
We would like to thank the devotees for kindly sponsoring the Sunday Feast throughout the year. Feast sponsorships are available for April 2020 contingent on state of health crises. This is a wonderful and auspicious way to honor birthdays, anniversaries, births, and departed loved ones, and get the blessings of Krishna and His devotees. Please call the Temple Office at 386-462-2017
if you are interested or click this link.
- March 1, 2020 - Yulia Mololkina
- March 15, 2020 - Sakshi Gopal das in honor of Gaurachand's birthday
Guest Accomodations at Temple
Now you can spend a weekend or longer experiencing the peaceful spiritual life of our Hare Krishna farm community. We currently have one guest house with three bedrooms that can accommodate up to 6 people. The guest house has WIFI. The charge for the guest house is $125 per night. Individual rooms may also be rented, depending on the number in your party. The master bedroom with attached bath is $65/night,
the single room is $45/night and the bunk room is $49/night.
These two rooms use a shared bath in the hallway. Breakfast and lunch are served at the Temple at 9:00 am & 12:30 pm, which are available to you if you are here at those times.
Please note that check-in is between 3-8 pm and check/-out is by 11 am. For reservations please call 386-462-2017 or
E-mail: email@example.com to check availability.
The morning sweets from our Deities can now be sponsored for a donation of $51.00. This is a wonderful way to honor a loved one or an event. Please contact the Temple office at 386-462-2017, or see Saksi Gopal das for more information. You can also sponsor online by clicking this link.
Since 2004 I've been recording Gaudiya Vaisnava acaryas books, and thus have a healthy collection.
With recent developments in Podcasting I'm now able to share these readings with devotees FREE - to anywhere in the world - at any time - on any internet device.
The best way to listen? https://anchor.fm/dhruva-maharaja-dasa From there you can either listen or choose your favorite platform or app.
Subscribe and set "Notifications" on your device if you want reminders when new episodes post.
This is easy -- but if you need help email me: firstname.lastname@example.org Click the "Support this podcast" button
to offer your support.
TUESDAY EVENING CLASS Interactive discussion every Tuesday, 7:00 p.m. in the Temple room. Topic will be the
systematic study of Srila Prabhupada's Chaitanya Charitamrita, focusing on his key points from each purports in each chapter.
Please come and hear the class live in the temple room, or online at www.alachuatemple.com. Facilitator: Prana Govinda das. If you cannot attend, text your questions/thoughts/comments throughout class to 352 221 0041.
FRIDAY NIGHT BHAJANS every Friday, 7:00 p.m. in the Temple room.
In case of a mental health
emergency, follow this protocol. Also, click here for mental health resources in the Gainesville area.
Learn about our Cow Protection Program at our Face Book Page or our Web Site.
Learn about our Retired Cow Program at Save the Cow website. Remember, you can't have cow protection without a retired cow program. That's what it's all about!
Editor-in-Chief: Mukhya devi dasi
Production/Reporter: Mantrini devi dasi
Deity Photos: Mantrini devi dasi
Article Submission deadline:
1:00 p.m.Friday weekly
Send Temple-related articles/photos to: email@example.com
(The editors reserve the right to exclude or edit all submissions.)
Temple Policies Regarding Dealing with the Virus
Effective immediately Sunday March 29 2020, the Alachua Hare Krishna Temple is on lockdown.
Their Lordships Sri Sri Radha Shyamsundara, Sri Sri Krishna Balaram and Sri Sri Gaura Nitai will continue to receive aratis and offerings, and ONLY the scheduled pujari will come into the area to perform their service, and will leave immediately afterwards.
There will be a CD of Srila Prabhupada singing throughout the day and there will be no live kirtans for now.
The devotee scheduled to give class will come over to the temple room to give the class through the microphone.
Please take advantage of our youtube channel to hear classes and view deity darshans daily.
COVID 19 cases have doubled in Alachua County in the last day, and we can expect this will be a continuing pattern for the near future. We are on a Stay at Home order and we are following that order for the protection of every devotee in our community.
One of the 71 cases currently in Alachua county is one of our community devotees. We have spoken with the family regarding this announcement and I want to report that a member of the Sheth family has tested positive. The whole family is isolating at home, and this member of the family has been self isolating since falling ill. She is recuperating quickly and will continue to isolate for 30 days as per doctor's instructions. All close friends of the family have been notified.
We are taking all precautions to keep you safe, to follow the restrictions in place, and we ask for full cooperation from our large loving community. DO NOT COME OVER to the property until further notice. DO NOT come for japa, to look in the temple windows, please stay home for now.
We have live streaming in real time at the Temple daily, go to www.youtube.com/alachuatemple. Subscribe and check in. Previous classes will be posted there weekly also.
DEVOTEES: You have so many of Srila Prabhupada’s books on the shelf you have been wanting to read! Now is the time. There are hundreds and thousands of online classes and kirtans from all your favorite speakers, now is the time to sit back and check them out. Take a day to hear from people you wouldn’t otherwise be able to listen to from countries far far away! Chant extra rounds for the sick and lonely all over the world suffering from the harsh material existence! Quarantine doesn’t sound so bad, right?
Only those assigned Deity services in the kitchen and altar will have access to those areas. Please DO NOT stay in the pujari room when your service is completed.
If anyone in your family has contracted the COVID-19 virus it is imperative that you notify the temple management. We are such an interconnected community and this is such an easily spread illness, we owe it to each other to be fully transparent and conscientious about informing. We are here to help.
GROCERY SHOPPING SERVICE for devotees who cannot go out right now due to health challenges, concerns about Coronavirus and their age, and mothers of young children who do not want to take children out.
Call the Temple Office 386-462-2017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
OneStop Medical and Urgent Care in Alachua, FL now offers telemedicine services (visits via phone or video option) as well as drive through option to see a provider! Open Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Saturday-Sunday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Give them a call! They are here to help! (386) 418-4060.
15652 NW US Hwy 441, Alachua, FL 32615.
Here is a good video from a NYC doctor giving useful information on COVID 19
Here are some ways to stay engaged while staying home during the Stay at Home restriction from Alachua County.
**Kamalini devi dasi will share her love of stories and songs about Krishna!! She will begin with the Ramayana in anticipation of Ram Navami in two weeks.
Please share and attend if you can! The story time will be at 4:00 PM EST so that you mamas can get a short break to go take a deep breath, prep dinner, use the bathroom by yourself, or take a quick nap!
**Sadhu Sanga: Beginning Monday, April 6, 2020, we’ll be studying SB First Canto, Chapter 10 — Departure of Lord Krsna for Dvaraka, Chapter 11 — Lord Krsna’s Entrance into Dvaraka, and because both those chapters are quite short, towards the end of the month we’ll begin studying Chapter 12 — Birth of Emperor Pariksit.
Participants study on their own schedule (because we have devotees from around the globe in too many different timezones)…..they go online, read or listen to audio of the course materials, and then discuss via forums and discussions.
All programs are free, with donations accepted as everyone sees fit……
We also post audio readings (podcasts) of all the texts and purports twice weekly
**Tour a Museum with your friends and family
**Free Online Learning
**Home school site
**Srila Prabhupada's bio
Easy access to hearing SP's books read aloud
Mukhya devi dasi reporting
WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP AND WATER THROUGHOUT THE DAY!
Click on chart to enlarge.
From Doctor From Johns Hopkins University
From Johns Hopkins University to local doctors:
* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (RNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and countertops, everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
* NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with anthibiotics
* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.
* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, are useful. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
* LISTERINE can work if it is 65% alcohol.
* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
* Although often repeated: you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
* You have to HUMIDIFY DRY HANDS from so much washing , because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks that appear in dry skin. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.
* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.
Mukhya devi dasi reporting
By Mahendrani devi dasi
Srila Bhaktisiddanta Saraswati Thakur tells us what Jada Bharata was thinking when he was about to be beheaded by the Dacoits as an offering to Goddess Kali. Jada Bharat thought, "Krsna is everywhere, He sees everything, He controls everything, He is behind everything and He is my friend. Therefore I am in a friendly circle."
May Krsna establish these same sentiments firmly in our hearts during these unsettling times. May He bless us to preceive clearly that only good is coming from this situation, only the highest good. Krsna is bringing about some wonderful transformation and upliftment in our lives, the lives of all residents of the earth, and Mother Earth herself.
May the miracle working power of Radha Krsna / Gauranga Mahaprabhu's love, the grace and mercy of Lord Nityananda, and the blessings of Srila Prabhupada and all the present and previous acaryas flow down upon the whole earth planet soaking her to her core and completely surrounding her. May this miracle working love fill the minds, hearts, bodies, lives and affairs of all living beings on the earth, in all species of life, in physical and subtle bodies, adjusting, harmonizing and uplifting us, bring about this transformation as quickly, easily, lovingly and joyfully as possible. MORE.
Mahendrani devi dasi reporting
Live Streaming 24/7 From Temple Room
Thanks to the hard and dedicated work of Damodar Kovie and Manorama das, Alachua Temple will now have live streaming available 24/7. Go to youtube.com/alachuatemple/live and check it out!
The picture and sound are better than we've seen on any other ISKCON live stream feed anywhere.
We are so happy that our loyal class followers and Radha Shyamsundar devotees can see the action live every day any day.
To watch the video with live audio as a continuous youtube video on phones, laptops, tablets and smart TVs, we need to upgrade the micro PC that's in the Temple room broadcast
cabinet. This will keep the whole system working smoothly, This is the computer we need, this is the price. If you are an at-home watcher, please click the button below to make a donation so we can purchase and install this unit as soon as possible.
Mukhya devi dasi reporting