The ISKCON 50/50 Campaign is an initiative to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of ISKCON throughout 2016. Let’s show Srila Prabhupada our deep gratitude- by distributing at least one book every week of this year. Everyone in New Raman Reti is invited to join us and distribute 50 BBT books in 2016. That’s an average of just one a week. Here’s how to get involved:
- Contact a member of the temple book distribution team – every Tuesday (morning 7:30- 9:00 am) and Sunday (afternoons 4-6:30 pm) in the lobby
- Ask to take part in the 50 for 50 campaign
- Discuss options for distribution. There are many: Meeting people in the street. Visiting shops and businesses. Sponsoring books for giving to friends, relatives and work colleagues, and for distribution to prisons, hospitals, and hotels. Come out and staff a book table.
- Get books! Available from the temple book room at BBT prices. We will give you a score sheet.
- When you have distributed 50 books and filled up the score sheet, return it to the Temple. If you would like to do more, ask for another sheet and more books.
- The Temple will have a “‘wall of appreciation” for every 50 for 50 participant.
- The Temple will also give you a certificate of appreciation signed by the Chairman of the Governing Body of ISKCON and our Temple President, Mukhya devi dasi.
Book distribution is a very powerful way of giving the Holy Name to others. This is also known as sankirtan. Lord Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu has described sankirtan in His famous siksastikam prayers: “Glory to the Sri Krishna sankirtan, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the fire of conditional life, of repeated birth and death. This sankirtan movement is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge. It increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious.”
ISKCON’s Governing Body (GBC) invites everyone to take part: “For the pleasure of Srila Prabhupada the GBC is most delighted to fully endorse the 50/50 Campaign. The GBC would like to invite all devotees to participate in this wonderful initiative in celebration of ISKCON’s 50th year” Contact info: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org